Thursday, March 12, 2009

1st Doctors Appointment

I'll start by saying SORRY! I started this post last Thursday and never finished it. Read as if I just had my appointment! :)

So Wednesday was our first appointment. Stephen met me at work and we rode together to the Dr's office. This time I saw Nurse Practitioner Peggy. She is so funny and nice, I really like her! First she did our family history and what my pregnancy and labor was like last time and she explained some different test they can run now so we can think about those. The first is to see if I am a Cystic Fibrosis carrier, which I'm probably not (because Parker doesn't have it) but still it's good info to have so I'm gonna do that. The second is a non-invasive test for Down Syndrome and 2 other things. Stephen and I haven't discussed this one yet. If it is positive we wouldn't do anything about it, we'll love it anyway. On the flip side if it is positive I'd kind of like to know now so I can learn all that I can about it, ya know? So, anyway, still undecided on that one.

Drum roll please....the ultrasound! SO COOL! We got to see our little blob. Not much to see since I'm only 7 1/2 weeks along. It's 1.24 cm now and has a heartbeat of 140 beats per minute. I will eventually scan the US in and post it. The due date is October 25th as of now!

So I go back on the 25th for another ultrasound to confirm the due date and do some "1st trimester" testing.

We are so excited that everything looks good right now and will continue to pray that they stay that way!

1 comment:

  1. Apology accepted! I've been hanging n waiting for this post!! So glad things are going smoothly - we need to get the boys together soon after Daniel gets well. I'm adding you to my sidebar of blogs I follow - I suppose you'll get to be on the waiting family list, then while your in the hospital I'll move you to the traveling section and once home with the new one, you'll make the completed family list (HA!)!!

    ReplyDelete