Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a blogger?

So here it goes...I have decided to start a blog since I am going through this journey of pregnancy without all my awesome girlfriends and family right there with me. Also, I always wished I had kept a journal when I was pregnant with Parker and said I would if we ever had another child.

The journey begins...
On Feb. 26th I thought I maybe had a UTI so I asked my boss/nurse at work to check my urine. She did and it was good. On a whim I asked her "Do you think we should check it for pregnancy or not since I had a negative blood test on the 11th?" She told me no and I went about my business. A little while later my other boss/Dr. (husband to the nurse) came up and asked me if I had a minute. You can imagine the thoughts going through me head! "Oh no, I am getting fired" "What did I do wrong?" etc, etc. So they proceed to tell me congratulations it's positive. I was like what's positive? She shows me the test and I ask her "What's that?"-ok Amber get with it, your brain REALLY needs to catch up with the situation here! So once I realized what she had done I put my head between my knees in order not to faint. Once I collected myself I called Stephen and was greeted with the same confusion I felt. What? It's day 56, how can this be, you took medicine to make you have your period, you had a negitive blood test? Yes, yes it is very bizarre!

So I call my Dr. and tell her what's up and they are very happy for me and tell me I will be fine even though I took the Provera and to make my OB appointment. So I do. March 11th at 3:30. They say I am 9 weeks along but I'm not so sure since I had 3 negative home test and a negative blood test all from the 5th - the 11th of Feb. The point we are at now is to go to the Dr. have the ultrasound done to see how far along I really am.

How do I feel?
Things are going as well as anyone can imagine. I have the usual tiredness (but it's much easier this time because I've been tired for 4 years! I have 3 yr 3 month old son) I have nausea like last time off and on all day, but again not as bad as last time, I think motherhood has toughened me up! I have been sore but that is also getting better. I haven't gained any weight yet but my tummy is poking out and I can't button my pants already. I hear this is normal for the 2nd one. I hope so or my friends are just telling me that.

Parker is very excited, he's been asking for a sister for about 6 months. I keep telling him we don't get to pick but I think he's been talking to his Granny too much! :) She has someone else on her side! So for now, according to Parker the baby's name is "Sister the baby".

I guess that is it for now. I hope not all the blogs will be this long. I just had a lot to catch up on. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Parker & I have "connections" :) Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - finally - someone else in the family blogging!! You know we are thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete